Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.0 subthread [Plugins] (e.g. UPNP)
@Tim Curtis 

I planted a

Code:
workerLog('getUpnpCoverUrl(): ' . $result[0] );

RIght after the call-out to upexplorer.

Looks like getUpnpCover() is getting called but gets nothing back from upexplorer in the quick test I just ran. From moode.log after starting a track from the minimserver

Code:
20210111 165420 getUpnpCoverUrl():

I need to get my head wrapped around upexplorer. Now that you mention it, ISTR having some exchanges about it with you in the past but that was then and this is now.

Regards,
Kent
Try running it from cmd line while a UPnP tracks is playing. If it doesn't return the URL then we can file an issue with JFD.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-11-2021, 10:10 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try running it from cmd line while a UPnP tracks is playing. If it doesn't return the URL then we can file an issue with JFD.

Aha. If I query the OpenHome service, no. If I query the UPnP service, yes:

Code:
pi@mtest:~ $ sudo upexplorer --album-art "MTest UPNP"

pi@mtest:~ $ sudo upexplorer --album-art "MTest UPNP-UPnP/AV"
http://192.168.4.36:9790/minimserver/*/Music/Junkyard*20Saints-Jes*20Like*20your*20Mama*20Told*20You!/Folder.jpg

Regards,
Kent
More fun with the two different profiles...

We should file an issue with the upmpdcli project but I can never find the issue list in the repo...
https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli
Enjoy the Music!
I sent jf an email with a link to post #33 so no need to post an issue.
Enjoy the Music!
(01-12-2021, 03:43 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I sent jf an email with a link to post #33 so no need to post an issue.

Thanks. Since upexplorer is so small I thought I'd walk through the source. HaHaHa.
Hi, upmpdcli developer here.

>   Very confusing trying to monitor the log. It doesn't seem to accumulate entries synchronously with track playing so tail -f doesn't work...for a while the log was empty even though tracks had been played...but eventually I was able to scrape some pertinent info.

I'm not sure of why this  happens. upmpdcli just logs the messages to stderr or some file, with no special processing.

> Here, for example, I used one of the apps to select a track from my minimserver running on an X86 host. I don't know for sure that this is the start of the log entry for this track but I think so
[... log messages]

> I don't pretend to understand the fine points of the log entries, e.g., the "Action failed" or the "resource has no protocolinfo"---since I'm not fluent in C++ I have no hope of figuring them out by reading the source code.

What control point are you using ? The error is due to the fact that the track metadata indeed has no "protocolinfo" field. This defines the track format, and it is checked against the renderer capabilities if "checkcontentformat" is set in the upmpdcli configuration.

The filtering capability was added to upmpdcli because of one client which used to cause mpd to play loud noise by sending  data (L16) which it could neither process nor reject. checkcontentformat is often turned off, because it is mostly a source of problems in common situations.
Oops, my previous message was confusing, I thought that it would somehow be magically inserted near the message it replied to, which is on the previous page.

About upexplorer: I'll update it so that it works on the openhome renderer. This is an unexpected consequence of splitting the two devices (which was done to make life easier for bubble).

>  We should file an issue with the upmpdcli project but I can never find the issue list in the repo...

I'm not sure of what you are seeing in your browser, but "Issues" is a few lines below the title in the left column Smile
@medoc 

Thanks for your comments.

For the log data quoted, my Media Server was an old copy of minimserver 0.8.5.2. I forget which app I was using as the Control Point. I've got BubbleDS and BubbleUPnP on my Android phone and Linn Kazoo, Linn Kinsky, and mconnectLite on my iPad.

For capturing the log I just set 

Code:
# Log file name.
logfilename = /tmp/moodeupnp.log
# Log level.
loglevel = 2

in upmpdcli.conf.

We look forward to being able to use upexplorer to get album art from an OpenHome renderer.

Regards,
Kent
@TheOldPresbyope, JF sent a new Python3 based albumart utility. I forwarded you the emails :-)

We should plan to convert to that util from upexplorer. It also saves having to compile the samples.
Enjoy the Music!