Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: folder view enhancement
Hi,

I've been thinking about improvements for the folderview to have a better usability feeling.

What do You think about this - a view similiar to the tag view?

I quickly created a picture with cut screenshots to show what I mean:

[Image: view?usp=sharing]

On the left is the folder list - by clicking on a folder the subfolders and files are listed in the right panel.
In the bottom panel You can see all files from the main folder - or if You select a folder in the right folder - just the contents of this one - similiar to the tag view.

I think that would be a great improvement  Smile

So far - merry xmas!

Stephan

EDIT: meanwhile I realized that a folder tree view is necessary for this to work properly
What about the Play control buttons?
Michael

RPi4 —> HiFiBerry DAC+ —> Rotel RA01 —> Celestion DL8
(12-23-2020, 11:03 PM)MJR42 Wrote: What about the Play control buttons?

You mean the ones at bottom - they will be there as usual...
Why not just use Tag view?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-23-2020, 11:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Why not just use Tag view?

Yes - but only if You have a well maintained library   Angel Big Grin
(12-23-2020, 11:18 PM)Stephanowicz Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 11:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Why not just use Tag view?

Yes - but only if You have a well maintained library   Angel Big Grin

...this raises the idea of a tag editor...   Cool
There are plenty of good tag editors. Use one of them and get yourself out of Folder jail ;-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-24-2020, 11:14 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: There are plenty of good tag editors. Use one of them and get yourself out of Folder jail ;-)
'folder jail'  Big Grin

let me put it like this - folders are also a collection of tags, provided by the filesystem - so they may be seen as tag list, just with a different tag provider Wink
I think it's easier to provide a certain order and logic by folders than to edit the tags of thousands (@ least it feels like so many) of files...

(and yes, sure there are good tag editors - but they are not available in the moOde interface... well this was just another idea  Wink )

but I REALLY wished there would be an improvement for the folder view as I mentioned above.
I think you already have some of the components in the album view - it's just that the album array will be filled with albums found in the selected folder and not from the tags.
Additional a tree view for the folders will be necessary.