Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Add Clear/Add option
There are times that I wish to add an album to the playlist and the select a track. Currently only have Add/Play which starts the first track playing. Is there any other interest in this? This is just an annoyance, not critical.
(01-22-2021, 03:38 PM)Macdelf Wrote: There are times that I wish to add an album to the playlist and the select a track. Currently only have Add/Play which starts the first track playing. Is there any other interest in this? This is just an annoyance, not critical.

On my moOde 7.0.1 player,

in Folder view if I click on an album I'm offered:
  • Add
  • Play
  • Clear/Add
  • Clear/Play
  • Update this folder
while in Album view, if I click on an album I'm offered:
  • Add
  • Play
  • Add next
  • Play next
  • Clear/Play
  • Show tracks
Are you asking specifically for a Clear/Add selection in Album view?

From a consistency point of view, it does seem the choices should be the same in both view.

Regards,
Kent
(01-22-2021, 03:52 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 03:38 PM)Macdelf Wrote: There are times that I wish to add an album to the playlist and the select a track. Currently only have Add/Play which starts the first track playing. Is there any other interest in this? This is just an annoyance, not critical.

On my moOde 7.0.1 player,

in Folder view if I click on an album I'm offered:
  • Add
  • Play
  • Clear/Add
  • Clear/Play
  • Update this folder
while in Album view, if I click on an album I'm offered:
  • Add
  • Play
  • Add next
  • Play next
  • Clear/Play
  • Show tracks
Are you asking specifically for a Clear/Add selection in Album view?

From a consistency point of view, it does seem the choices should be the same in both view.

Regards,
Kent
Yes. I rarely use folder view and did not realize it was there.
I'd appreciate a Clear/Add option too I think.

Also agree with Kent that the options should be consistent, something I failed to check in testing.
----------------
Robert
Except perhaps the last selection in both. Update folder doesn't make much sense when in Album view; it's more of a maintenance item. Show tracks? I could go either way.
I'll put on the TODO list for 7.1.0 to include "Clear/Add" on the Tag/Album view context menu.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
...I'd also appreciate a 'Play next' option - meaning to insert the selected titles/album after the current song
Do you mean in Folder view?

The "Play next" function would I think be a challenge to implement for Folder view since whole folders including their subfolders can be added/played as opposed to a group of tracks as in Tag/Album views. One of the things done by the code that implements "Play next" is to first check to see of the group of tracks that have been submitted already exist in the Queue. If they do then no need to add them again.

In Folder view however, a single folder name can be submitted and this could include subfolders. The code would thus need to enumerate all the tracks in the folder and all of its subfolders in order to see if they already exist in the Queue.
Enjoy the Music!
Ok - but is it really necessary to check if these are already in the playlist...?
I haven't used this in the albumview, yet - so I don't know the concept - does it jump back/forward, if it's already in the list?
It's surely a matter of concept, but I really wouldn't mind to have same titles several times in the list. It even could be desireable to have it like this
If the Queue is not checked first then duplicates accumulate in the Queue each time an album or track is added, played, etc it doesn't take too long before you have 100's of duplicates. Very messy...
Enjoy the Music!