Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Apt-get update, upgrade, dist-upgrade
Hello,

I'm keen to run the following in my SSH:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

May I know by running it, will I cause the sound quality of the MoOde Player to go down? It's now running on a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB.

I'm using Spotify, BubbleUPnP and Roon as a bridge to it. May I know for Roon bridge, could I also leave in the Roon interface that the Roon bridge will be automatically updated when there's any update?

Best regards and hope to hear from you guys soon,
Kai
It won't do anything to sound quality but may break one or more programs bundled with Moode, if not now then possibly over time as you do repeated RaspiOS updates or when future Moode in-place updates are released. If you have issues you'll get no support from the Moode devs and'll be advised to return it to stock.

Roon Bridge updates are handled by the Roon Core, if there's an update available for any Roon component on your network you'll be prompted in whatever Roon interface you're using.

Moode is an audio appliance, what do you hope to achieve by updating the RaspiOS packages?
(03-23-2021, 01:21 PM)vinnn Wrote: It won't do anything to sound quality but may break one or more programs bundled with Moode, if not now then possibly over time as you do repeated RaspiOS updates or when future Moode in-place updates are released. If you have issues you'll get no support from the Moode devs and'll be advised to return it to stock.

Roon Bridge updates are handled by the Roon Core, if there's an update available for any Roon component on your network you'll be prompted in whatever Roon interface you're using.

Moode is an audio appliance, what do you hope to achieve by updating the RaspiOS packages?

I think I'm not gonna do the update as I do not want to break anything in the future. Thanks for the reply!

Does that mean that if there's a new Linux bridge update, I do not need to reinstall or do anything on Moode, but instead update it from the Roon interface?
(03-23-2021, 01:56 PM)DrWongKC Wrote: Does that mean that if there's a new Linux bridge update, I do not need to reinstall or do anything on Moode, but instead update it from the Roon interface?

Yes
Got it thank you!
You will need to get any RoonBridge software updates directly from Roon and then install them manually.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-23-2021, 02:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You will need to get any RoonBridge software updates directly from Roon and then install them manually.

Well not quite, the initial Roon Bridge install is manual but updates are handled by Roon after that and the Bridge will update itself.
Thanks for clarifying :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub