Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ethernet suddenly cannot connect
Using version 7 works fine then changed to fixed ip address than a few hours later I cannot find it on the network and cannot connect using it's ip address or any other way, ipconfig gives no result
The only solution is to write to the card a new version
What method did you use to set the fixed IP? I set the IP at the router so that it always assigns the same IP to the device, but leave moOde set to DHCP. This works flawlessly for me.
----------------
Robert
(03-25-2021, 08:43 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: What method did you use to set the fixed IP?  I set the IP at the router so that it always assigns the same IP to the device, but leave moOde set to DHCP.  This works flawlessly for me.

Ah good idea I set the ip address in network. Build 6 was fine so I am hoping all the updates to 7 fix the problem
(03-25-2021, 06:39 PM)moodeuserhorsham Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 08:43 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: What method did you use to set the fixed IP?  I set the IP at the router so that it always assigns the same IP to the device, but leave moOde set to DHCP.  This works flawlessly for me.

Ah good idea I set the ip address in network. Build 6 was fine so I am hoping all the updates to 7 fix the problem

So is the router set to assign the IP that you set in network as well?  Could be moOde 'wants' an IP that the router isn't assigning any more.  It can happen that the router assigns an IP via DHCP, you set that as static in moOde and it continues to work because routers tend to keep the same IP particularly if a device stays online a lot.  In that set up however, if the router thinks something has changed (like if a device is rebuilt by an upgrade), it may change the IP assignment.

Can you tell this is an error I've made in the past, which is why I no longer ever set static IP at the device end unless I have to.
----------------
Robert
(03-26-2021, 09:06 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 06:39 PM)moodeuserhorsham Wrote:

So is the router set to assign the IP that you set in network as well?  Could be moOde 'wants' an IP that the router isn't assigning any more.  It can happen that the router assigns an IP via DHCP, you set that as static in moOde and it continues to work because routers tend to keep the same IP particularly if a device stays online a lot.  In that set up however, if the router thinks something has changed (like if a device is rebuilt by an upgrade), it may change the IP assignment.

Can you tell this is an error I've made in the past, which is why I no longer ever set static IP at the device end unless I have to.