Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.2.1 support thread
I've been having issues recently with my RPI0w freezing during ssh sessions and external web or mpd client control wasn't working consistently and I had to keep reloading when browsing folders. After various attempts stopping smbd/nmbd/winbind services, changing cpu governor, disabling ipv6 etc, turned out that the wifi powersaving was enabled for whatever reason and disabling it using "iwconfig wlan0 power off" solves this.
I don't know if the 7.2.0 or 7.2.1 update had anything to do with it...

/etc/network/interfaces doesn't contain any configuration for wifi to add "wireless-power off" as an option. What's the best/preferred way to disable wifi powersaving permanently and any idea what enabled it or why it might have started causing problems?

Thanks.
It's done automatically during startup for Pi-3 and 4 but not for the Zero-W :-0

I'll fix in upcoming 7.3.0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
thanks. I'll add the iwconfig command to my /etc/rc.local for now.
Bug 
Hi, 
The newly implemented miniDLNA version in 7.2.0 & 7.2.1 recognizes, indexes and plays DSD files (dsf format) on network devices but not in bit-perfect mode.
Issue: DSF files are transcoded to PCM 352khz by default. DSD64 dsf files are rendered as 352khz pcm on network players. So bit perfect playback from moode DLNA is not possible as of now.

Tested through several DAC/Players over the network. Finally I had to fall back to minimserver2 for streaming dsf files. Unfortunately I do not have any code snippets to paste for evidence. 

Devices tested with: fiio k3, realme x2 pro + ibasso dc03 dac, ibasso DX220
Player software: foobar, usb audio player pro

@Tim Curtis Fixing this issue will make the DLNA server feature set of moodeaudio complete. There is nothing more that one can further do with MiniDLNA. Thanks for going through!
You need to post any issues you are experiencing with miniDLNA on the maintainers site so they have an opportunity to comment and possibly provide a fix.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/
https://sourceforge.net/p/minidlna/git/ci/master/tree/
Enjoy the Music!
(06-09-2021, 10:53 AM)meprateek22 Wrote: Hi, 
The newly implemented miniDLNA version in 7.2.0 & 7.2.1 recognizes, indexes and plays DSD files (dsf format) on network devices but not in bit-perfect mode.
Issue: DSF files are transcoded to PCM 352khz by default. DSD64 dsf files are rendered as 352khz pcm on network players. So bit perfect playback from moode DLNA is not possible as of now.

Curious.

We're running the miniDLNA server (minidlnad) v1.3.0.

According to the NEWS file included with the source code, DSD file support was added in this version, having been hanging around as source code patches since 2018.

According to the also-included TODO file, transcoding is still a wishlist item.

I stole a moment to set up a quick-n-dirty experiment:

- moOde 7.2.1
- miniDLNA service enabled and media library scanned (this scanning is a painfully slow process I might add)
- use upplay on a Linux host as a UPnP Control Point, this moOde player's UPnP Media Server as its source.

Browsing via the Folder view in upplay, I see URL endpoints for tracks being served are of the form: 

http://<ipaddr>:8200/MediaItems/nnnn.flac for my FLAC files
http://<ipaddr>:8200/MediaItems/nnnn.dsd for my DSD files (in .dsf file format)

(here MediaItems and the nnnn stringa of digits are generated by the miniDLNA server to map to the track).

If I look at the HTTP headers for one of the FLAC file URLs, I see

Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 18:10:53 GMT
Server: 5.4.77-v7+ DLNADOC/1.50 UPnP/1.0 MiniDLNA/1.3.0
EXT:
realTimeInfo.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_TLAG=*
transferMode.dlna.org: Streaming
Content-Type: audio/x-flac
Content-Length: 73639644
Accept-Ranges: bytes
contentFeatures.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000

and if I look at the same headers for one of the DSD file URLs, I see

Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 18:12:26 GMT
Server: 5.4.77-v7+ DLNADOC/1.50 UPnP/1.0 MiniDLNA/1.3.0
EXT:
realTimeInfo.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_TLAG=*
transferMode.dlna.org: Streaming
Content-Type: audio/x-dsd
Content-Length: 216895265
Accept-Ranges: bytes
contentFeatures.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_PN=DSF;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000

Thus it certainly appears that minidlnad is trying to streaming DSD material without transcoding it.

However, neither moOde (as a UPnP media renderer) nor VLC are able to deal with the DSD material being streamed. The MPD error popup message from moOde is suitably obscure while VLC reports simply that it can't determine the codec.

At this point I've done all I have time for. Good luck with the minidlna maintainer and users. BTW, note that the source and binary code is still named minidlna but the project itself was renamed ReadyMedia some time ago.

Regards,
Kent
It's not a big issue. But I want to share my experience with the update from 7.1 to 7.2.1.

I am noticing instability in the upsampling feature. In the 7.1 version there were a few clicks (sounded rather like taps) during the first minute or so. Which then subsided.

In the update 7.2.1 the upsampling yields a stuttering playback with more taps/clicks. 

I tried different upsampling frequencies, bit depths and running async or sync, but the problem persists. Tried changing psu, lps or smps. Only disabling upsampling removes the stuttering and clicks.

So for now I am back to 7.1. 

Happy to donate to support moode.

Thanks for the work you put into moode. The focus on sound quality is much appreciated. 

Kind regards 
Jacob
USBridge Sig. w. Nirvana SMPS, Supra USB, Soncoz La-qxd1, Allo Rev. w. Shanti LPSU, Black Rhodium opera interconnect w. Eichmann silver bullet plugs, Densen B-150xs, Duelund 12ga, Philharmonic Audio BMR monitor.
(06-13-2021, 12:29 PM)Tom Traubert Wrote: It's not a big issue. But I want to share my experience with the update from 7.1 to 7.2.1.

I am noticing instability in the upsampling feature. In the 7.1 version there were a few clicks (sounded rather like taps) during the first minute or so. Which then subsided.

In the update 7.2.1 the upsampling yields a stuttering playback with more taps/clicks. 

I tried different upsampling frequencies, bit depths and running async or sync, but the problem persists. Tried changing psu, lps or smps. Only disabling upsampling removes the stuttering and clicks.

Thanks for the work you put into moode. The focus on sound quality is much appreciated. 

Kind regards 
Jacob

You got so carried away name-dropping expensive hifi kit that you forgot to tell us what model of Raspberry Pi you are using :-p

Cheers, Phil

(06-13-2021, 12:29 PM)Tom Traubert Wrote: It's not a big issue. But I want to share my experience with the update from 7.1 to 7.2.1.

Kind regards 
Jacob

Hi,

I have a SIG + Allo Rev and not experiencing any glitches.

What are steps that could be used to try and repro your issue?
Enjoy the Music!
Hi All,
First time poster. Thank you all for this great piece of software. I am receiving an error when attempting to perform the automatic software update.

"Insufficient Memory must have at least 500MB to proceed."
I'm not sure why that's the case or what I can do to fix this.
I am using an 8GB microsd card and created the Moode image on it using Balena Etcher.

Here is the system info for my device.
Any advice would be appreciated. Do I need to somehow format the microsd card differently when creating the disk image?

S Y S T E M P A R A M E T E R S

moOde release = 7.1.0 2021-03-15
RaspiOS = 10.6
Linux kernel = 5.4.77-v7+ #1371
Platform = Pi-2B 1.1 1GB
Architecture = armv7l (32-bit)
System uptime = up 2 weeks, 3 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes

SoC identifier = bcm2836
Core count = 4
Kernel timer freq = 100 Hz
SDCard freq = 50 MHz
USB boot = not available