Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.2.1 support thread
Out of space error indicates you need to expand the filesystem to use the whole sdcard.
Go to the system tab and scroll to the 'Expand Filesystem' option, select and save...the filesystem will be expanded and you will be asked to reboot.

Once that's done you should have no problems upgrading.

However, normally an upgrade can work on an unexpanded filesystem unless you have added other files such as music to the sdcard. Any such additions will be lost on upgrade. If you have music there you may want to copy it off to a backup.

.. from your posted output, note the root size and status..

Root size = 3.4G
Root used = 89%
Root available = 381M
Root expand = not expanded
----------
bob
Only a fresh image will wipe music on the SDCard. In-place updates only touch the code, configs and binaries. Music files on the SDCard are not touched.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-14-2021, 12:31 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Out of space error indicates you need to expand the filesystem to use the whole sdcard.
Go to the system tab and scroll to the 'Expand Filesystem' option, select and save...the filesystem will be expanded and you will be asked to reboot.

Once that's done you should have no problems upgrading.

However, normally an upgrade can work on an unexpanded filesystem unless you have added other files such as music to the sdcard. Any such additions will be lost on upgrade. If you have music there you may want to copy it off to a backup.

.. from your posted output, note the root size and status..

Root size = 3.4G
Root used = 89%
Root available = 381M
Root expand = not expanded
Excellent! Thank you so much for the prompt and helpful reply.

That did the trick!
moOde release = 7.2.1 2021-05-06
Root size = 7.1G
Root used = 42%
Root available = 3.9G
Root expand = expanded
Memory free = 693 MB
Memory used = 80 MB
SoC temperature = 42.2°C
Throttled bitmask = 0x0
Throttled text = No throttling has occured
Deleted
Hi again. 

@philrandal it's the allo usbridge sig. It uses the pi3 compute module. Hidden in the name dropping ?

@Tim Curtis. Well my library is mostly wav files stored on SanDisk USB stick attached directly to the usbridge USB port. Moode settings are default, upsampling activated. 
Rev. Dac set to filter bypass "on" and asynchronous. 

No need to spend a lot of time on it. I'm fine with the 7.1 version.

Cheers Jacob
USBridge Sig. w. Nirvana SMPS, Supra USB, Soncoz La-qxd1, Allo Rev. w. Shanti LPSU, Black Rhodium opera interconnect w. Eichmann silver bullet plugs, Densen B-150xs, Duelund 12ga, Philharmonic Audio BMR monitor.
Could be the DAC settings. Did you try Sync and OSF-B off?
Enjoy the Music!
(06-14-2021, 11:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Could be the DAC settings. Did you try Sync and OSF-B off?

Hi Tim, I did try both Sync and Async. Not the OSF-B off, because the OSF-B 'off' introduces a pop in the beginning of songs, and I find that the sq is significantly better with the OSF-B 'on'.

Cheers
USBridge Sig. w. Nirvana SMPS, Supra USB, Soncoz La-qxd1, Allo Rev. w. Shanti LPSU, Black Rhodium opera interconnect w. Eichmann silver bullet plugs, Densen B-150xs, Duelund 12ga, Philharmonic Audio BMR monitor.
OSF bypass in ES9038Q2M requires feeding it 8X fs rate for example 352.8K for 44.1K PCM source up to 768K for 96K source. Max rate coded for SoX in moOde is 768K. I don't recall what Sync vs Async does.

I would look in MPD log for underrun errors "XRUN" or "decoder too slow" errors.

Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log

tail -f /var/log/mpd/log

When I get a bit of spare time I'll run a few tests with OSF-B on using the upcoming 7.3.0 code base and see what happens.
Enjoy the Music!