Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: mpd streaming error on 7.2.1
@officialsm

Hmmm, on rereading this I realize I overlooked something obvious. The error "isConnected failed: EHOSTUNREACH (No route to host)" suggests there may be a network issue. Sorry I can't contribute any more time to sorting this.

Regards,
Kent
(05-25-2021, 04:30 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @officialsm

Hmmm, on rereading this I realize I overlooked something obvious. The error "isConnected failed: EHOSTUNREACH (No route to host)" suggests there may be a network issue. Sorry I can't contribute any more time to sorting this.

Regards,
Kent

Can you suggest how to investigate?
Second question: in your opinion why when i restart dac (amp power off/on) it come back to plays correctly?
Now i'm listening a CD from player connected to dac throught optical and i have no issue.
The clue spotted by @TheOldPresbyope and the mention you made of there being more than one renderer with the same name in your control point both suggest something funky in your network and the UPnP discovery.  The fact you also mention radio stream problems would point there also, but one thing at a time.

I recommend another full reboot but like this:
  1. Close all the control point software on all the devices on your network (i.e. any phone, computer, tablet that you have ever used as a control point).
  2. Shutdown all your moOde instances on the network by using the power command in the menu.
  3. Physically turn off all the control point devices.
  4. Shut down your amplifier/DAC and remove power.
  5. Remove the power from any RPi that was running running moOde.
  6. Shutdown and remove power from all your network routers.
  7. Wait at least one minute.  Ten if you can. Give everything plenty of time to have forgotten what it was doing before it was turned off.
  8. ..wait
  9. ..wait
  10. When you've finished waiting, apply power to and turn on your routers/network gear.  Wait long enough for them to settle down and have finished all the stuff they do.
  11. Reapply power to your amplifier/DAC.
  12. Apply power to your RPi which will boot moOde.  Wait for that to settle down.
  13. Turn on one of your control point devices and wait for that to settle down.
  14. Launch your control point software on the control point device.  At this point you should see only one control point named for your moOde device and hopefully everything with "Just Work ™".
Let me know how it goes.
----------------
Robert
(05-26-2021, 07:49 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: The clue spotted by @TheOldPresbyope and the mention you made of there being more than one renderer with the same name in your control point both suggest something funky in your network and the UPnP discovery.  The fact you also mention radio stream problems would point there also, but one thing at a time.

I recommend another full reboot but like this:
  1. Close all the control point software on all the devices on your network (i.e. any phone, computer, tablet that you have ever used as a control point).
  2. Shutdown all your moOde instances on the network by using the power command in the menu.
  3. Physically turn off all the control point devices.
  4. Shut down your amplifier/DAC and remove power.
  5. Remove the power from any RPi that was running running moOde.
  6. Shutdown and remove power from all your network routers.
  7. Wait at least one minute.  Ten if you can. Give everything plenty of time to have forgotten what it was doing before it was turned off.
  8. ..wait
  9. ..wait
  10. When you've finished waiting, apply power to and turn on your routers/network gear.  Wait long enough for them to settle down and have finished all the stuff they do.
  11. Reapply power to your amplifier/DAC.
  12. Apply power to your RPi which will boot moOde.  Wait for that to settle down.
  13. Turn on one of your control point devices and wait for that to settle down.
  14. Launch your control point software on the control point device.  At this point you should see only one control point named for your moOde device and hopefully everything with "Just Work ™".
Let me know how it goes.
Thank you suggesting me. I fixed dual control point reinstalling BubbleUPNP app.
But issue described still exists.
@TheOldPresbyope

I caught some errors on syslog with tail command. Mostly it seems it began to have mpd errors, so usb port goes down. In my opinion this is the reason beacuse restarting dac it came back to work correctly:
Mped errors:

May 26 16:58:55 Simoode-audio upmpdcli[1070]: :2 : src/mpdcli.cxx:114::MPDCli::openconn: mpd_connection_new failed: Timeout
May 26 16:58:55 Simoode-audio upmpdcli[1070]: :2 : src/mpdcli.cxx:370::MPDCli::updStatus: connection failed
May 26 16:58:56 Simoode-audio upmpdcli[1070]: :3 : src/mpdcli.cxx:148::MPDCli:ConfusedtartEventLoop: already started
May 26 16:59:04 Simoode-audio upmpdcli[1070]: :3 : src/mpdcli.cxx:148::MPDCli:ConfusedtartEventLoop: already started
May 26 16:59:13 Simoode-audio upmpdcli[1070]: :2 : src/mpdcli.cxx:114::MPDCli::openconn: mpd_connection_new failed: Timeout
May 26 16:59:13 Simoode-audio upmpdcli[1070]: :2 :  src/mpdcli.cxx:370::MPDCli::updStatus: connection failed

After that USB have na error:

May 26 17:00:27 Simoode-audio kernel: [  907.734916] usb 1-1.4: USB disconnect, device number 6

In this moment it stops to play. The he change usb device number (If i press play on app, it plays but with no sound):

May 26 17:00:27 Simoode-audio kernel: [  908.201062] usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=22e8, idProduct=ca02, bcdDevice= 6.15
May 26 17:00:27 Simoode-audio kernel: [  908.201075] usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=3, SerialNumber=0
May 26 17:00:27 Simoode-audio mtp-probe: checking bus 1, device 7: "/sys/devices/platform/scb/fd500000.pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.4"

I'm still testing at the  moment and i changed usb port on the Raspberry. Mpd timeout error still are there, but no USB errors for now:

May 26 17:14:35 Simoode-audio upmpdcli[1070]: :2Confusedrc/mpdcli.cxx:114::MPDCli::openconn: mpd_connection_new failed: Timeout

I will inform if i will have usb disconnection or streaming stop
OK, still worth rebooting your router as a quick reset on the network side.

Failing that the only other thing I can suggest from a moOde side is to start from a fresh installation with no config changes and slowly add bits in to see what breaks it.
----------------
Robert
(05-26-2021, 03:50 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: OK, still worth rebooting your router as a quick reset on the network side.

Failing that the only other thing I can suggest from a moOde side is to start from a fresh installation with no config changes and slowly add bits in to see what breaks it.

i observed changing usb port on Raspberry panel fox streaming problem. Still remain mpd errors but music works. 
I will reinstall when 7.3 will be available.
I have done a listening session this evening without interruptions. The problem is the usb port switched cable to another one it wotks. Still have mpd timeout but no usb disconnection.
Glad you found it.
----------------
Robert
I still have this issue. Now on both usb 2.0 ports of Raspberry. Cannot understandt how fix it it or investigate.
Only way to make it works is to restart amplifier.

Someone could help me?