Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Configuring WiFi - Scan not showing available SSIDs
I am connected to Moode in Access Point mode and am trying to configure the connection to my WiFi Network using the procedure in the Setup Guide below:

1. CONFIGURE FOR WIFI CONNECTION

. . . . . . . . . . . . >>>>>>

- Access Point (AP) mode

a) Join network SSID=Moode, pwd=moodeaudio

b) http://moode.local

c) Menu, Configure, Network

At this point, I click the Scan button but when I drop down the SSID selection window, No SSIDs are shown.
The only way that I can get it to display available SSIDs is to resort to Ethernet Cable connection and then proceed as below.

d) Configure a wifi connection

e) Menu, Power, Restart

I would like to do this using Access Point mode because I need to take my Moode setup to a friend's home and connect to his network and demonstrate it on his Amplifier and Speakers.

Thank you for reading. All suggestions and help appreciated. - Robin
What WiFi adapter are u using?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-05-2021, 10:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What WiFi adapter are u using?

Hi Tim, I am using a Realtek on my Raspberry Pi 2B but also have a Raspberry Pi 3B and it does the same on the native WiFi device.  - R
CORRECTION to my previous post:

It works on my Raspberry Pi 3B native WiFi adapter. The Scan button works and I can then select and connect to my WiFi Router.

I will try another WiFi adapter on the RPi 2B and edit this post to add my findings, Sorry for the confusion. - R

EDIT: I have replaced the USB WiFi adapter and can confirm that it still wiill not Scan for available SSIDs when in AP Mode.

However, I used the MANUAL SSID entry field and after entering the SSID and Passphrase manually and pressing SAVE and then Restarting, I was able to connect to my WiFi Router successfully. - Robin
Very odd. No issues on my end.

Here's a quick test of AP mode on a Pi4 showing many SSID's in the SCAN results.

Enjoy the Music!
(06-05-2021, 11:56 PM)Wheel_nut Wrote: CORRECTION to my previous post:

It works on my Raspberry Pi 3B native WiFi adapter. The Scan button works and I can then select and connect to my WiFi Router.

I will try another WiFi adapter on the RPi 2B and edit this post to add my findings, Sorry for the confusion. - R

EDIT: I have replaced the USB WiFi adapter and can confirm that it still wiill not Scan for available SSIDs when in AP Mode.

However, I used the MANUAL SSID entry field and after entering the SSID and Passphrase manually and pressing SAVE and then Restarting, I was able to connect to my WiFi Router successfully. - Robin

The WiFi adapter has to support what is called "promiscuous mode" in order to be able to scan a network for SSID's.

Comfast CF912-AC is a dual-band adapter that works perfectly in AP mode and also delivers great WiFi performance and reliability.
Enjoy the Music!
(06-06-2021, 12:30 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The WiFi adapter has to support what is called "promiscuous mode" in order to be able to scan a network for SSID's.

Comfast CF912-AC is a dual-band adapter that works perfectly in AP mode and also delivers great WiFi performance and reliability.

Thank you Tim for your very prompt responses to my query. I am going to migrate my Moode music streamer to the Raspberry Pi 3B which works perfectly with its native WiFi Adapter and leaves me all four USB Ports for memory sticks.

Hopefully this thread and the manual configuration work-around may help anybody else who encounters this hardware quirk.

... back to enjoying the Music - Robin
Of course the OP could simply enter the appropriate SSID manually.