Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Update MPD database
Heart 
Hello there,
Im new to moOde, but I fall already in love with it!

Now I have three simple Questions:
- I added a USB-HDD drive and started the Update MPD database process. Its already running since 3 hours or more. The drive consist of ~3.500 files with 16,5 GB. How long will the update process normally take? Im asking because I had some problems earlier with this HDD drive. Maybe its broken ...

- How to Play Music from Soundcloud?

- How to Play Music from YouTube?

Thanks a lot.
Sometimes the updating spinner does not automatically clear on its own but ~3500 files should be indexed in minutes. Try viewing the Browse panel and scroll down to verify that your last album is listed.

Music services can be played via Bluetooth, Airplay connections.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-10-2018, 01:01 PM)der-dave Wrote: Hello there,
Im new to moOde, but I fall already in love with it!

Now I have three simple Questions:
- I added a USB-HDD drive and started the Update MPD database process. Its already running since 3 hours or more. The drive consist of ~3.500 files with 16,5 GB. How long will the update process normally take? Im asking because I had some problems earlier with this HDD drive. Maybe its broken ...

- How to Play Music from Soundcloud?

- How to Play Music from YouTube?

Thanks a lot.

@der-dave

Can't speak to your first point since I don't use directly attached drives. Others have run into such problems and perhaps will reply. In my case it takes only some minutes, not hours, for moOde to index the 5700 tracks on my WiFi-connected NAS.

As for Soundcloud and YouTube, it seems to me unlikely these music services would be integrated into the existing moOde UI for the same reasons that Tidal, Qobuz, and Google Music are not.

However, moOde sports a number of media renderers---Bluetooth, UPnP, Airplay, Squeezelite---which would enable you to run a Soundcloud- or YouTube-aware application on another computer/phone/tablet to select music and stream it through your moOde player. 

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Tim, Hi TheOldPresbyope,

thanks für your reply and help.

I already configured Bluetooth and Airplay, both is working pertfectly. I thought there would be some configuration for Soundcloud and YouTube I couldnt find because of Tidal and Qobuz is included. so, no Problem for me.

I already found the Problem for my external HDD disk drive. The Problem seems to be some broken sectors. This has Nothing to do with moOde. Thank you guys, great work!