Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

SQ between Squeezelite vs MPD
Hi all,

I've been using Moode with RPI 4 for the last couple of weeks with great result, kudos for Tim & all the developer for great (and free) product.

My normal user case is : Bubble upnp to stream Tidal --> wifi --> Moode --> ifi Zen DAC Signature v1 --> ifi Zen Can V2 --> Senn HD650

This morning I tested Squeezelite in Moode with LMS installed on a laptop, also for Tidal streaming. I found that I prefer the SQ on Squeezelite, IMHO its very close to SQ of Audirvana which IMHO is the best sounding software based player I've tested so far. I also prefer the interface of LMS + Material Skins compared to Bubble / mConnect which are sometimes unreliable.

Previously I also tested picorePlayer.  I prefer the sound of Moode via MPD and even better with Squeezelite.

note : this is my observation on my system, and based on my SQ preference.

I plan to buy 2nd RPI to run LMS server. But before that, I would like to know if somebody else also notice the SQ difference between MPD vs Squeezelite under Moode ? Or I'm just getting crazier due to this pandemi   Huh

Thanks in advance,
rachmanto
(08-30-2021, 03:34 AM)i2k92 Wrote: But before that, I would like to know if somebody else also notice the SQ difference between MPD vs Squeezelite under Moode ? Or I'm just getting crazier due to this pandemic

If you can reliably hear a SQ difference in a level-matched blind test, then there really is a difference.  

Hearing subtle SQ differences that don't really exist isn't a sign you're crazy.  It's a sign you're human. 

It's like asking "Is this moving, or am I crazy?"  
[Image: optical-illusion.jpeg]
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess