Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New Digione Sig and Lumin App!
So I have always liked the sound quality using Moode on my Raspberry Pi (with an attached SSD containing all my music). But I have never cared for the web user interface for playing music (sorry Tim), and I have been using other alternatives (including an Aurender) for streaming. 

But I just installed an Allo Digione Signature and it sounds great (and I don’t even have a good power supply yet)!  Better than any of my other streamers.  Moode still nails the sound quality, so I went on a hunt for other controller apps.

It turns out the Lumin IOS app, which is almost as good as the Aurender control app, works great with Moode.  I just needed to turn on DLNA, which allows it to grab my library listing, and UPnP, which allows it to play like a Lumin streamer.  The iPad just controls everything, but the sound is as if I am doing it directly over the web interface.  

That seems to be some seriously good software integration.  So thank you . Give it a try.
Have you tried Rigelian on IOS? I have been using it for a couple of months with my iPad. I tried the Lumin app a couple of years back but did not get on with it, I will give it another look, thanks.
(06-27-2022, 10:20 AM)kit1cat Wrote: Have you tried Rigelian on IOS? I have been using it for a couple of  months with my iPad. I tried the Lumin app a couple of years back but did not get on with it, I will give it another look, thanks.

I tried it briefly. Yes it looks pretty good too. But I have an allergy to paying recurring subscriptions for software, lol, so I decided against it.  The Lumin one is pretty good now, though. I had read it wasn’t before, but it is really close to the Aurender package. 

s.l.
(06-27-2022, 06:08 PM)dennycrane Wrote:
(06-27-2022, 10:20 AM)kit1cat Wrote: Have you tried Rigelian on IOS? I have been using it for a couple of  months with my iPad. I tried the Lumin app a couple of years back but did not get on with it, I will give it another look, thanks.

I tried it briefly. Yes it looks pretty good too. But I have an allergy to paying recurring subscriptions for software, lol, so I decided against it.  The Lumin one is pretty good now, though. I had read it wasn’t before, but it is really close to the Aurender package. 

s.l.

I know what you mean about subscription based software, my music database software is £26 a year for normally a few minor updates, at least Rigelian is only a couple of quid a year. I tried Lumin again yesterday, still not my cup of tea, horses for courses I suppose.