Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: No USB Audio outside Home-Network / Kein USB Audio außerhalb vom heimischen Netzwerk
Sad 
Hi Comunity,

I‘ve a courios Problem...

I use moOde Audio 4.2 since several weeks on a RasPi Zero W.
Now I‘ve discovered, that I don‘t get audio from USB Soundcard outside my Home-Network.

I‘ve no Idea how the Network influence the USB Soundcard.

At home everthing works great incl. LMS, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Radio, USB Flashdrive ans USB Soundcard!
Now I‘ve brought to my workplace to show it and there I get no audio out of the USB Soundcard! AP Mode (and BT connection) works fine and I can access the whole UI incl. USB Madiadata and can start Music accept Radio (regarding to I-Net connection), but I get no audio output out of the USB Soundcard. Tried everthing I‘ve seen with audio an USB Sound, but without any succsess.
I’ve brought the RasPi back to home, started it and „tada“ everthing works fine!!!  Dodgy

I‘ve turned off my Homenetwork and connected to moOde with AP mode and no USB Audio again! Back to Homenetwork and everthing works fine!

Could anybody imagine WTF this is?

What does the (Home-)Network has to do with the USB Soundcard????

So I suggest that maybe it is the connection to WWW, so I turned on the „hotspot“ at my mobile and connected the Pi to my mobile connection... without any success!

Perhaps it is the LMS, could that be? I dont try to use the LMS but maybe moOde needed it? 

I‘ve no idea....

Thanks in advance and regards,
Yarando!

Ich habe ein ganz komisches Problem.

Ich nutze seid geraumer Zeit moOde 4.2 auf einem RasPi Zero W.
Nun habe ich festgestellt, dass ich keine Audioausgabe über meine USB Soundkarte bekomme, sobald ich nicht mehr im Heimischen Netzwerk bin!?

Keine Ahnung wie das zusammenhängen soll, aber so ist es...

Es läuft zuhause alles super, inkl. LMS, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Radio, USB Stick und USB Soundkarte! Jetzt hab ich den RasPi mit zur Arbeit genommen um ihn vorzuführen. AP Mode funzt, ich kann alles aufrufen und starten (natürlich kein Radio, da kein I-Net), aber es kommt kein Sound aus der USB Soundkarte. Habe alles mögliche an Audioeinstellungen ausprobiert, aber ohne Erfolg. Das Ding mit nachhause genommen und wollte auf Fehlersuche gehen, angeschlossen, gestartet und alles läuft wieder als ob nie was gewesen wäre.

Netzwerk ausgeschaltet, im AP Modus angemeldet und alles ist wieder genau so wie auf der Arbeit. RasPi wieder ins Heimnetzwerk und alles funtzt wieder.

Kann sich einer vorstellen woran das liegt?
Ich kann es einfach nicht nachvollziehen, dachte es liegt evtl. an der I-Netverbindung (warum auch immer...), also habe ich ein Hotspot mit dem Handy gemacht, ist dort aber auch alles ohne Funktion!

Kann es mit dem LMS zusammenhängen, obwohl ich ihn dazu nicht nutze (also jeweils Airplay, Bluetooth & USB Stick)?

Danke und Gruß,
Yarando!
Him

If you have Squeezelite renderer on, it must have LMS running otherwise it won't know its own on/off state and it will assume "on" and hog the audio output.

-TIm
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-24-2018, 10:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Him

If you have Squeezelite renderer on, it must have LMS running otherwise it won't know its own on/off state and it will assume "on" and hog the audio output.

-TIm

Oh, thanks for the hint. 

I’ll try when I’m at home again.

Regars Yarando

Edit:

Yep, it works!!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Regards Yarando

P.S. @Tim Curtis : BTW... Great Tool!!! I‘ve tried all of the RasPi Multiroom Systems (Volumino, RuneAudio, Pi MusikBox, Mopidy, Max2Play, piCorePlayer etc.) I‘ve found and moOde Audio is the best System I found. It‘s great and has all the functions I need. Airplay2 support would be great for the future, but with LMS it should be OK so far. If we should get an Amazon Musik / Apple Musik API this would be great, too.
Therefore, really high praise from my side, keep it up!!!

Hi,
Hier nochmal die Übersetzung für alle die es im Englischen nicht so nachvollziehen können.

Tim schrieb, dass Squeezelight in den Audioeinstellungen ausgeschaltet werden muss, da der Player sonst seinen eigenen an/aus Status nicht erkennt (da keine kommunikation mit dem Server stattfinden kann) und somit annimmt er sei angeschaltet und den Soundausgang (in meinem Fall USB Soundkarte) für den Squeezeplayer blockiert.

Hab ich dann auch gemacht und siehe da es funzt! Aber nicht vergessen nach dem ausschalten auch den „SET“ Button zu drücken, damit es übernommen wird (hatte ich nämlich vergessen und mich gewundert).

Gruß Yarando