Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: random issue with playback starting and stopping .
(04-17-2020, 06:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Something, most likely hardware, is changing the PUD state of the gpio which causes the event to be triggered.
https://sourceforge.net/p/raspberry-gpio...ki/Inputs/

You could try disconnecting one of the buttons to confirm that no event occurs.

I have carried out some testing this morning and discovered that it is entirely hardware related . I removed the play button from the gpio and tried the same test as above , I found that pressing one of the volume button occasionally caused the other to detect an event . this ruled out the buttons.

I did notice that when I touched the wires with no button press this caused an event to be detected suggesting either a poor connection betwen the wires and the gpio's is causing events or some noise is being caused because of proximaty to the speaker magnet or the general length of the wire , or possibly all 3 could be causing it . I have read that putting a o.1UF capacitor between terminals on the button can filter out the noise .

Thanks  Tim for you help and advice in leading me to this conclusion .

I'll add to this thread when I find a solution so as to help anyone else with a similar problem

Messages In This Thread
RE: random issue with playback starting and stopping . - by GreyLinux - 04-18-2020, 09:37 AM