Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Files starting with a full stop - MacOs - Trouble and fix
I didn't have an issue with mpd stopping upon encountering a hidden mac ._ file. (To my knowledge).
However I encountered an issue where some directories of music had a hidden ._ file associated with each file, so I had song1.mp3, ._song1.mp3, song2.mp3, ._song2.mp3 etc. As a result when I added such a folder to the playlist through browse mode the album added twice, first the ._ versions which had no id3 info but did play and then the proper version.
I wanted to remedy this on directly my Linux (pi) fileserver rather than using a Mac over the network.
It seems dot_clean is Mac only (?) but I found this python script which worked very easily.

https://github.com/houbysoft/short/blob/master/tidy

I just downloaded the script. Put it in /user/local/bin. Applied chmod +x to it. Then ran it, first over a small directory to test then over my entire music library.
Thought it might be helpful to somebody.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Files starting with a full stop - MacOs - Trouble and fix - by FizzyTea - 05-02-2018, 02:31 PM