Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Album cover thumbnail hang on first read
There is space aplenty in /dev/root, 26GB.

I had a tinker yesterday trying to simplify the NAS mount path. That made no difference. I removed white space and apostrophes.

I typically mount 3 folders also and reduced it to a single NFS mount as you can see from my df output. Alas the thumbnailer dies on a the first file scan again.

The only difference now between your testing and mine is the location of the music files. NAS fails and USB is cool. I'll digging out a USB stick and test the thumbnailer working on that source exclusively.

I'm sure we'll nail it eventually. I might start looking into my NFS exports. Currently the NAS NFS exports only "Music" and the Hifi Berry mounts child folders. Probably nothing as the music is found, indexed and streamed like that just fine. I guess I'm thinking out loud.

Code:
pi@moOde:~ $ df -h

Filesystem                                 Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                                   29G  2.0G   26G   8% /
devtmpfs                                   460M     0  460M   0% /dev
tmpfs                                      464M     0  464M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                                      464M   14M  451M   3% /run
tmpfs                                      5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs                                      464M     0  464M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1                              43M   23M   21M  52% /boot
bsss:/BIGSMELLYRAID2/Music/Dad/FLAC-Owned  972G  371G  602G  39% /mnt/NAS/FLAC-Owned
tmpfs                                       93M     0   93M   0% /run/user/1000
pi@moOde:~ $ pgrep -l thmcache.php
pi@moOde:~ $

VIEW cache status:  Processing album 1 NAS/FLAC-Owned/A Perfect Circle/Mer De Noms

Messages In This Thread
RE: Album cover thumbnail hang on first read - by silkie - 02-22-2019, 08:27 AM