The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: About Random
Hey,

After using Moode a couple of months, I can surely say that it's robust and way more user friendly compared to Volumio.

There is 2 points for which I'd like to have your point of view.

# 1 : random playing modes

It appears that I use a lot the random feature that plays a random song from the entire library when the playback is finished, this is like having a personal radio.
Sometimes I need to go back to normal random feature (MPD) that randomized play in the playback list. But to do this, we need to go in Configure > Audio, trigger random switch, and I think it would be a better way to switch from normal to all library randomize.

Maybe, when clicking on the random icon in the playback panel, we could have a popup list to choice between "Random playback (and stop when done)" and "Random Playback (and continue with library)", or something like that.

# 2 : random in a genre

For now, there is no way to listen to 1 genre in random order, like having a thematic personal radio. I don't know how it could be done and if this could be working with thousands of songs in 1 genre added to the playback.
Or another way could be radios automatically generated from each genre. In the Radio Panel, 2 lists could be shown as subpanels : Web Radio / Local Radios ?
I often want to listen only Jazz in the evening or Reggae in the morning with just one click/tap, randomly played.

What do you think ?
Thx for reading Wink

Messages In This Thread
About Random - by dw4y_ - 02-25-2019, 01:56 AM
RE: About Random - by Tim Curtis - 02-25-2019, 02:31 AM
RE: About Random - by swizzle - 02-25-2019, 09:30 PM
RE: About Random - by dw4y_ - 02-26-2019, 11:54 PM
RE: About Random - by Tim Curtis - 02-27-2019, 12:13 AM
RE: About Random - by dw4y_ - 02-28-2019, 10:02 PM
RE: About Random - by Tim Curtis - 02-28-2019, 11:04 PM
RE: About Random - by JST1963 - 03-01-2019, 12:35 AM
RE: About Random - by dw4y_ - 03-01-2019, 11:18 AM