Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to: digitalize vinyl which USB pre-amp
(03-13-2019, 11:30 PM)rhizomusicosmos Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 12:19 PM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 11:05 PM)rhizomusicosmos Wrote: You could also try a flexible, reasonably high-quality computer recording interface such as this:
https://www.amazon.de/Behringer-UMC202HD...A+UMC202HD

Probably not as it works on 'MONO' (it's targeted for mixing instruments and mikes).

@DRONE7 talks lots of sense here Idea

You might be confusing it with the Behringer UMC22. The model I linked (202HD) has two mic/line inputs which will work as stereo line inputs.

(far from me the intention to side-track the main subject of the thread)

I was commenting indeed on the Behringer UMC202... It will not work in conjection with a phono preamplifier, as the MM/MC cartridge's output is 'equalized' under the RIAA redbook and amplified to LINE level, not good for MIC input in ANY mixer (microphones deliver only a few miliVolts of output level) ; however it could be given some consideration using @Drone7' s choice of hardware/software but with no immediate benefit at the first look as the amplification and channel leveling is catered for at software level... IMHO

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to: digitalize vinyl which USB pre-amp - by CallMeMike - 03-15-2019, 05:18 AM