Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC
(12-26-2019, 11:59 PM)Humus Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The input is managed by the DAC. moOde just sends the command to switch the DAC to Analog input. I suppose moOde could poll for no audio output and then automatically swap from Analog-in back to Local output (MPD, renderers) but this is something that does not seem to be generally applicable. It would be up to user to do this coding.

Hi Tim,

I just acquired said DAC because I want to be able to connect my TV to the line-in, connect my amp to the RCA.
What I want to achieve is: Set the "source select" of moOde to "analogue input" as default so the TV is running in pass-through to my amp.
As soon as I connect to the Spotify Connect service and start playing a song ==> switch source to Local (MPD)
As soon as I stop the song or disconnect from the Spotify Connect service ==> switch source back to "analogue input"

Same for airplay, same for radio, same for basically all moOde playback functions Smile

If I understand correct there are pre- post scripts for Spotify and Airplay (spotevent.sh  spspost.sh  spspre.sh). So I reckon I could use these to switch the source select from local MPD to analoge input.

However I have no idea how to actualy send the command to the DAC to do the actual switching. How did you manage to achieve this? Or what should I invoke to do the switching? 

(and the above would solve the problem for spotify and airplay, but not for all the other functionality :'( 

Thanks a lot for helping a total noob out here! (Or point me in the right direction)

How did you get on with this? What you've described is exactly the use-case I'm trying to set up Cool

Messages In This Thread
moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC - by Tim Curtis - 03-22-2019, 03:43 PM
RE: moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC - by cdlenfert - 09-06-2019, 09:12 PM
RE: moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC - by cdlenfert - 09-09-2019, 04:13 PM
RE: moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC - by Humus - 12-26-2019, 11:59 PM
RE: moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC - by Humus - 12-29-2019, 02:30 PM
RE: moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC - by Morde - 04-23-2020, 08:34 PM
RE: moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC - by kit1cat - 04-24-2020, 08:14 AM
RE: moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC - by laurenced - 06-26-2020, 09:39 PM
RE: moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC - by cheapvega - 03-29-2022, 10:40 PM