Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Poll: On the future version of moOdeaudio you choice a extra option
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
with reading extra lyrics from media files
14.29%
1 14.29%
without reading extra lyrics from media files
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Reading lirycs from media files
I didn't vote because it's not an issue I care about. Sure, it's nice to follow along in the libretto of an opera, but I don't want to do that on my phone.

Practically, it would take some work to implement. All the major tagging schemes include a metadata field for lyrics but MPD does not pass it through to moOde (see MPD tags). Hence, every time moOde begins playing a track from the tracklist, it would have to parse the metadata in the file to see if a lyrics field is present and, if so, extract the contents. I'm supposing there's Zend routines that would help deal with parsing ID3v2, iTunes, Vorbis/FLAC, APEv2, etc, metadata but that's Tim's province.

As well, some thought would have to be given to how the extracted text is to be presented to the user. Perhaps it would be yet another panel along with some sort of icon/button in the playback panel for indicating the presence of lyrics and for switching the view to them.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
Reading lirycs from media files - by Jedrek - 04-07-2019, 07:49 PM
RE: Reading lirycs from media files - by JST1963 - 04-07-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: Reading lirycs from media files - by JST1963 - 04-07-2019, 09:52 PM
RE: Reading lirycs from media files - by TheOldPresbyope - 04-08-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Reading lirycs from media files - by Jedrek - 04-08-2019, 07:06 PM
RE: Reading lirycs from media files - by swizzle - 04-09-2019, 01:50 AM