Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
(01-13-2022, 07:14 AM)adrii Wrote: Hi MRamone

Great that the install went well!

The spectrum is calculated by the cava program, and the bar height is automatically adapted to audio levels using the cava autosens option

https://github.com/karlstav/cava/blob/ma...les/config

Cava determines an optimal bar height quickly when audio first starts, and then adapts slowly to audio level changes after that.

The audio levels of the copy of the audio that is passed to cava to calculate the spectrum depend on where, during the audio processing by Moode, the copy is made by Moode. They probably also depend on the audio source (MPD, spotify, etc).

On my system the volume control does not change the bar height, but it sounds like on your system the volume change occurs before the audio copy is made, which affects the bar height in the short term. However, the bar height should adapt over a few minutes to the audio level change to a more appropriate display.

Adrian.

Thank you again, that makes sense, will observe better the behavior of the bars. If it autocorrects in a few minutes, that's good enough!w

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by MRamone - 01-13-2022, 04:46 PM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM