Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Bad quality sound on MoodeAudio 6.x
(08-31-2019, 11:18 AM)Jedrek Wrote: That's why I moved the equalizer settings from moodeaudio 5 to moodeaudio 6 that they are just the way I like them. It's only in version 5, because in version 6 it's not. I will try to change (decrease) the gain and settings of all bands by the same value and then we will see how it sounds.

The first step in debugging your problem is to try to narrow down what is causing the problem.  If you disable EQ and the distortion goes away, we know that the problem is related to EQ.  If the distortion remains with EQ off, then we can try other things, like SoX resampling.  When we find the root cause, then Tim and other developers can investigate whether some change from 5.x to 6.x is responsible.

I have a suspicion that there may be clipping occurring somewhere, but let's visit the EQ and SoX first and see what we find.  If the problem goes away when the EQ is off, then I want to reduce the overall output level, either through ALSA volume or by setting analog gain to -6dB.  If that fixes it, we can figure out why later.
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess

Messages In This Thread
Bad quality sound on MoodeAudio 6.x - by Jedrek - 08-30-2019, 07:47 PM
RE: Bad quality sound on MoodeAudio 6.x - by Miss Sissy Princess - 09-03-2019, 10:21 PM