Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: API connection to Cloud, like Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox
(11-02-2019, 01:19 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @godt2p4

Hope you find an optimal setting. In truth, once I knew I could make rsync work I put it aside. I have no desire to store my music in the cloud.

But then you said

Quote:BTW, I wonder if the file "database" under /var/lib/mpd is the database file of library, which I can backup and restore in any moode device with the same NAS sources.

I'm not sure what your use case is. 

I suppose it's technically feasible to backup (e.g., copy) and restore (e.g., copy back) the database but you're on your own here.

Another possibility is to run an instance of MPD on the NAS and reference it as a proxy in each moOde player. See the "Advanced configuration/Satellite setup" section of the MPD documentation. Again, you're on your own here, especially in regards to configuring the MPD instance on the NAS.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks, Kent.

The instance running of MPD is similar to the methodology of ROON, and I'm quite insterested in it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: API connection to Cloud, like Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox - by godt2p4 - 11-03-2019, 04:58 AM