Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Multichannel audio recording
(12-06-2019, 08:37 PM)antsvx Wrote: Would be nice to have a Web interface page to control 'arecord' utility (or SOX) to do audio recordings.

I do live shows and control a digital mixer via WiFi (Behringer XR18). XR18 is plugged into Pi via USB and acts as a multichannel audio device, no issues here. I use Moode to play background tracks and music, but also need to records multiple inputs (theoretically 16 channels) from XR18. I now have to use a terminal windows to manually launch and stop 'arecord' with a script, but it's not convenient from a phone or tablet. Would be nice to have a dedicated page to control it. The page should contain Start/Stop recording buttons, and then probably settings for the name of the input device, number of channels to record (usually not all available inputs need to be recorded), target folder for output files (usually external SSD or flash), and maybe audio format.

That XR18 looks to be a lovely piece of kit. We're still running an ancient Allen and Heath GL2400-32 at the high school where I volunteer---all physical knobs and sliders but a ton of channels. We just went through the expense of replacing our soon-to-be-outlawed wireless mic packs. Replacing the board will have to wait.

Seems like a bit of a stretch to add a moOde panel for controlling arecord but Tim's pulled off other feats of daring do Wink

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
Multichannel audio recording - by antsvx - 12-06-2019, 08:37 PM
RE: Multichannel audio recording - by TheOldPresbyope - 12-06-2019, 10:07 PM