Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Pirate Audio 240x240 cover display
(01-11-2020, 07:59 PM)obr80 Wrote: I've bought one of the Pimoroni Pirate Audio DAC that has a 1.3" IPS colour LCD (240x240px) (ST7789 driver) Pirate Audio: Line-out for Raspberry Pi
Id love to have the Cover artwork displayed on this, but my coding skills arnt up to it
any chance of this being a future feature?

I have tested a ST7735 160x128 TFT with some success, including cover artwork display.
I only use it for listening to internet radio or playing my local FLAC and p3 collection, and I have all my cover art saved as folder.jpg or cover.jpg.
I use the Pimoroni ST7735 python library and the ST7789 library has almost identical, so my script can easily be updated
So if this is what you're after, I can help

(02-16-2020, 04:43 PM)maartin Wrote: I tried already this Mopidy-Thing on the PirateAudio, but it do not think it is fun to use.

It would be really nice to have Moode running on PirateAudio.

Any help to run MOODE here appreciated. I have no clue how to start. Without help  I will not make it.

Anybody else interested?

AtB
Maartin

Maartin,

I don't have a PirateAudio, bit it's predecessor the Pimoroni Phat Dac.

I have had a look at the PirateAudio (they are sold out, unfortunately) and the instructions look reasonably easy.
Like the Phat Dac, the PirateAudio uses the hifiberry-dac overlay, so I would select Pimoroni Phat Dac as your i2s device in the Moode Auduo Config.

As per Pimoroni's instructions, you may also have to edit the config.txt file to configure gpio 25 of the raspberry pi.  This is not difficult

SSH into the rPi.

then edit the config file using the nano editor...

Code:
sudo nano /boot/config.txt

then add this lime at the end...
Code:
gpio=25=op,dh

save the file then reboot.

Bear in mind I cannot guarantee this will work as I don't have a pirateaudio to test it myself.

The worst that could happen is you have to reinstall moode

Cheers

Russ

Messages In This Thread
Pirate Audio 240x240 cover display - by bobr80 - 01-11-2020, 07:59 PM
RE: Pirate Audio 240x240 cover display - by leobo - 04-12-2021, 06:26 PM