Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Set logging in upmpdcli.conf but /var/log/moodeupnp.log
@Tim Curtis

I'm probably not the right person to advocate for the upgrade. From my perspective this is a 'should do' item, not a 'most do', but I'm not an OpenHome user nor a big fan of the UPnP Control Point software I have access to.

It's my understanding that the progression from upmpdcli 1.2.x through 1.3.x to 1.4.x has improved (or implemented) various OpenHome functions; improved compatibility with apps like Kazoo, Upplay, and BubbleUPnP; and improved the plugins for Qobuz, Tidal, and Spotify (yes, there's now a plugin for Spotify). The plugin improvements include supporting their move to oauth2.

Along the way there have been bug fixes, refactoring of libraries, and exposure of previously hidden app tokens to upmpdcli.conf for easier configuration. 

Several users have built the (almost) current version on their own. In my case, I think 1.4.9 was the last I built. I tested it only to the extent that I could use it the way I was using 1.2.16. I did not test new features nor did I explore what changes might be necessary to support the new versions in moOde's UPnP config screen.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Set logging in upmpdcli.conf but /var/log/moodeupnp.log - by TheOldPresbyope - 06-22-2020, 06:27 PM