Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Moode Player 6.5.2 hanged after finishing a Playlist
@dml3334
@Tim Curtis

I did some sleuthing last night.

Using the bisection technique, but on release tags rather than on individual git commits, I found that mpd-v0.21.10 is the latest version to behave properly with bluez-alsa. (Or at least it's the latest version which allows me to output to a Bluetooth speaker and recover at the end of a tracklist.)

@dml3334: I can post this binary and some instructions on dropbox or somesuch for you if you want to do a trivial bit of file substitution. You'll end up with a moOde which tells a lie in the configuration menu about the choices to switch between, but that's a small price if you really really want to output to a Bluetooth speaker. With some hackery to the moOdeUI code, you could even make moOde tell the truth.

@Tim Curtis: Assuming we can't get closure on the MPD/bluez-alsa/alsa issue, would you consider modifying the configuration scheme once again to allow a down-selection of mpd version for those who want Bluetooth output? 

Regards,
Kent

PS - now that I know the offending git commit lies between the release of v0.21.10 and v0.21.11, I can do a proper bisection. As we discussed, this may not get us anywhere with the three-way standoff of MPD, bluez-alsa, and ALSA maintainers, but inquiring minds want to know  Rolleyes

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moode Player 6.5.2 hanged after finishing a Playlist - by TheOldPresbyope - 05-21-2020, 01:01 PM