The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Upgrade from Pi3b+ / HifiBerry DAC+ to which DAC?
Music 
Hi there!

I've plugged my Raspberry Pi 3b+ to my NAD amp using a HifiBerry DAC+ that I bought years ago when the whole things started and this was one of the simple ways to get started.

It works fine but looking around the internet it seems like there's been a lot of development in the DAC world and I'm wondering if it's worth for me to upgrade to a better DAC.

I'm mostly streaming Amazon Music HD via AirPlay to the Pi and don't want to spend more than $200, my wife would prefer no more than $100.

First of all, is there a notable difference with better DACs, and if you'd have to put it in percentage terms (I know it's also subjective), how much better? Like do I have 90% of what's possible with my setup?

Happy for any suggestions!

Marco

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade from Pi3b+ / HifiBerry DAC+ to which DAC? - by hifimarco - 05-22-2020, 10:15 AM