The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: controlling usb device via mpd?
Hi Mooders and Tim

I've finally got my RPi4 and Hifiberry dac+ pro up and running. Very proud and excited!

I've set up a shared drive on my pc, that I have mounted through the moode browser UI. I can play and control that through the UI, I can stream from spotify, I can play from the shared drive through my phone (using the m.a.l.p app) and finally also stream sound from i.e. youtube played on the phone through bluetooth. (I'm trying to avoid uPnP)

Now theres one more way I'd like to be able to play music: Through my old ipod classic which contains my entire music library (which i've modded with an sd-card and rockbox software, which basically turns the ipod into a 256gb flash drive with a music player and gui). The reason I want to play from the ipod instead of my pc, is that my pc doesn't have a very large harddrive (and it can't be extended).

My idea is to connect the ipod to the Rpi4 via usb cable and then be able to play the music through the hifiberry dac, but while being able to control it via my phone and/or the pc.

Do you have any hints on how to go about it? Maybe just some directions?

Cheers and thank you all for the help you've spread across this (and other) forum(s).

Bonus Q: Even when not in use, the rpi4 is running kinda hot (and I've put one of the huge heatsinks on it). Thus, have any of you figured an handy way to turn the pi off/on when not in use (that is user friendly even for the rest of the household)?

Messages In This Thread
controlling usb device via mpd? - by tordenhaand - 06-28-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 03:59 AM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 08:38 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by jonners - 06-29-2020, 10:07 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 11:01 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-30-2020, 09:27 PM