Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: controlling usb device via mpd?
Run a library update.  If you set a mount point for the ipod in sources then remove it and reboot.

If that doesn't fix it then it may be quicker to re-image and  configure than trying random fixes that only mess things up further.
(you did do a backup of the Moode sd card didn't you ?  nevertheless, from scratch re-imaging and config shouldn't take more than 15 minutes tops)

From my earlier post...
Quote:I used an external powered usb hub and connected my ipod classic to my RPi4.
Ipod>Powered USB hub>Rpi4

(The default o/s that the ipod boots to is Rockbox) So I simply plugged the ipod into the powered usb hub, Rockbox showed the main menu then it's screen showed a usb plug icon to indicate it was connected.
That's it...nothing needed in Moode, no mount points to configure, just plug it in and from the main menu select Update Library and wait while it is indexed. (Spinner appears top right next to the menu icon while this is happening)

It's plug-n-play. Don't overthink it and try commands, mounts, etc They're not needed. ;-)
----------
bob

Messages In This Thread
controlling usb device via mpd? - by tordenhaand - 06-28-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 03:59 AM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 08:38 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by jonners - 06-29-2020, 10:07 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 11:01 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-30-2020, 09:27 PM