Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: How to set picture in library
(07-01-2020, 05:15 PM)MrHifiTunes Wrote: Thanks Kent for the detailed information.

Linking to some website to extract the information is for sure not the way to go.
Based on the artist name, you should be able to extract the necessary information from that website DB with appropriate API and store gathered information locally.
This service wout make Moode stand out from the rest in my opionon.
Just a thought...for sure implementation isn't that easy...

The question in my mind is, should moOde be all things to all people---music player, music collection management system, music ripper and transcoder, yada yada yada---or should it focus on its strengths as a music player?

I, for one, prefer it stay focused. There are already a number of music collection management systems, music rippers, etc., out there, each with its strengths and weaknesses as well as each having an incredible amount of labor and time invested in their creation. We don't need to compete with them. Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote:From my understanding....I have all frontcover pictures embedded in the FLAC files.
How you explain the picture above (with Gun's & Roses FLACs [24/192]) In some places the picture is shown, in others not.  When you click on the playing song (With the broken pic sign)...it shows the picture in the new window (the one with playlist, volume, ...)

Very weird and I don't know how to fix it. Undecided

I'm working from memory here, but ISTR that I once saw this behavior. It might have been where my tracks had only embedded coverart but the cover search priority was set to "Cover file". Or maybe not. I'll have to try repro.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
How to set picture in library - by MrHifiTunes - 07-01-2020, 11:28 AM
RE: How to set picture in library - by Tim Curtis - 07-01-2020, 11:57 AM
RE: How to set picture in library - by Tim Curtis - 07-01-2020, 01:37 PM
RE: How to set picture in library - by Blixa - 07-04-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: How to set picture in library - by TheOldPresbyope - 07-02-2020, 11:42 AM
RE: How to set picture in library - by Tim Curtis - 07-01-2020, 06:02 PM
RE: How to set picture in library - by Tim Curtis - 07-02-2020, 01:47 PM