The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Upgrade from Pi 3 to Pi 4 -- just move the Micro SD?
Question 
I've got a 2GB Raspberry Pi 4B (2GB) on order to upgrade my moOde server.  Can I just move the Micro SD from the old Pi 3B+ to the Pi 4B, thus retaining all of the settings and data?  Or does moOde go through some kind of self-configuration when it is first run in order to adapt to the model of Pi on which it is running?

My reasons for upgrading are performance-related.  I want to go from wireless to wired networking.  The 4B is much faster on wired Ethernet and its Ethernet port does not share a bus with the USB ports, one of which which I am using with my DAC.  Because my music is stored on a NAS (8 x 3GB RAID 6), speeding up the network connection should yield more benefits for me than it does for someone who stores their music on a drive local to their moOde server.  Everything from the moOde web-based UI to the music being played is moving over the network in my setup.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade from Pi 3 to Pi 4 -- just move the Micro SD? - by Miss Sissy Princess - 07-02-2020, 02:50 PM