Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Can find wired Ethernet connected Pi 4B on network
(07-12-2020, 11:26 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Check the RPi4B-specific "not booting..." sticky post on the Raspberry Pi Forum (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...1#p1485558). You can also read the sticky from the beginning to catch up on older RPis.

In particular, note this paragraph

Quote:Unlike other RPI, on a RPI4 the power LED is fully under the control of a GPIO expander, and when booting Raspbian resets this IO expander so causing the PWR LED to blink off on reboot. On booting the bootloader enables it again. But if the PWR LED goes off (blinks) at any other time it means have an unfit power supply/power cable. in short, the PWR LED should be always on except for a very short time just before a reboot happens.

The PWR LED is the red one.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent. Was looking for that information, but didn’t find it yesterday. Seems I was right in thinking it was the PSU. So much for thinking I could use this one I had laying around. Anyway I want a linear PSU, but which one should I get without breaking the bank? Do you good folks have some suggestions?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can find wired Ethernet connected Pi 4B on network - by hestehandler - 07-12-2020, 01:50 PM