Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: RPi 4b connected via I2S to SABRE ES9038Q2M DAC POPs at manual Track Change
(07-18-2020, 01:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: This particular issue "audio glitch on stop/start" has been around for years and I think a couple of players for example Squeezelight have a workaround option to always keep the audio output open but this prevents other applications from using it.

In moOde for example such an option in MPD would prevent the other audio renderers including Bluetooth, Airplay, Spotify from working. IIRC the MPD maintainer also holds that audio players should release the output when they are not playing to allow other applications to use it.
I would like to propose implementing this "exclusive mode" as an option for those affected by these glitches and who dont need these other renderers?

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPi 4b connected via I2S to SABRE ES9038Q2M DAC POPs at manual Track Change - by mtnbrit - 07-22-2020, 02:05 AM