The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Rotary Encoder to control volume of Airplay, Spotify and Bluetooth
Hi, I have a rotary encoder connected to my Raspberry Pin on GPIO pins 23,24, and it is controlling the MPD volume perfectly.  But, I would also like to use it to control Airplay, Spotify and Bluetooth volume as well.

An additional request would be to monitor the volume of the active service, and read it back so that I can adjust some leds that represent the current volume level.

Can I have one master volume variable?  Is there an easy way to send the MPD volume to whichever service is active?

I can't figure it out.

I have been able to create a python service that disables my amplifier when the MPD service has stopped.  And I also monitor a button to switch from my internal audio source to an external audio source.  So programming is well within the possibility to solve my problem.

Thanks,
Gabe

Messages In This Thread
Rotary Encoder to control volume of Airplay, Spotify and Bluetooth - by louleavestheroom@gmail.com - 07-24-2020, 06:23 PM