The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New user updating Pi firmware
Morning all 
Had my Pi 4 and been using Moode for about 10 days. Already had some great help re upsampling question, Sox, etx.
Although a PC user for years, I have zero previous experience of Linux so faced very daunting prospect of updating Pi firmware due to information about lower power reqs/reduced heat, etc.
went on line and found instructions. Hope someone would kindly confirm I’ve done this right, I opened SSH terminal and typed;
Sudo apt update 
Then
Sudo apt full-upgrade
All seemed to go well until about 80% when I saw a couple of warnings/options on the screen. Sadly, I did not make a copy of what I was being asked but the gist of it was “there is already a local version of this part of the package - what do you want to do?”. 4 options and I opted for the second in each case which was along the lines of “leave the existing local version in place - I.e. do not overwrite with newer version”.
Now if I had my time over again, I would have stopped panicking and written down the information before proceeding. sadly I didn’t do this.
Is it likely that anyone could offer up their experience and tell me what’s happened and whether I need to go through the update/upgrade process again (in fact, is this even possible?) For those with previous experience, I’m assuming that my description of what I did will make some sense. Apologies if it doesn’t.
as an aside, could anyone also advise whether there is a need to update the SSH user name and password and if so, how do I do this? Apologies if this comes across as a basic question but every day I am coming across new things with the Pi and Moode. In general, I am very good at changing passwords etc and have done so with the AP password.
Thanks so much for any help.

Messages In This Thread
New user updating Pi firmware - by Leviathan - 07-26-2020, 09:37 AM
RE: New user updating Pi firmware - by vmirmow - 07-26-2020, 12:21 PM
RE: New user updating Pi firmware - by Leviathan - 07-27-2020, 01:24 PM
RE: New user updating Pi firmware - by Leviathan - 07-27-2020, 01:28 PM
RE: New user updating Pi firmware - by Tim Curtis - 07-27-2020, 02:02 PM