The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

OLED "burn in"?
It's common to see warnings about OLED displays dimming with time. For example, here's what Adafruit says in the product descriptions of its OLED displays:

Quote:Please note that OLED displays are made of hundreds of...OLEDs! That means each pixel is a little organic LED, and if its kept on for over 1000 hours it'll start to dim. If you want to keep the display uniformly bright, please turn off the display (set the pixels off) when it isn't needed to keep them from dimming.

The only OLED displays I own are larger format and have been used to display changing color images for at most a few hours at a time in other projects. Dimming has not been an issue with them.

Now I'm considering implementing a pair of small displays ala @DRONE7 's nifty build and I'm wondering about the possibility of "burn in" because of the nature of the display images.

It's easy to accumulated 1000 hours. It's been roughly 17 000 hours since @adrii posted his Guide. Surely, if this dimming is a serious issue then some of you have experienced it by now. Anyone find it objectionable?

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
OLED "burn in"? - by TheOldPresbyope - 08-30-2020, 02:47 PM
RE: OLED "burn in"? - by adrii - 08-30-2020, 03:58 PM
RE: OLED "burn in"? - by vinnn - 09-01-2020, 10:02 AM