Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Mpd 0.22 git stops for two seconds
Hi Edu

Check if cava or mpd_oled are really running with ps ax | grep "cava\|mpd_oled"

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo systemctl stop mpd_oled

pi@moode:~ $ ps ax | grep "cava\|mpd_oled"

20643 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto cava\|mpd_oled

pi@moode:~ $ sudo systemctl start mpd_oled

pi@moode:~ $ ps ax | grep "cava\|mpd_oled"

20720 ?        Dsl    0:00 /usr/local/bin/mpd_oled -o 6 -b 21 -g 1 -f 25
20724 ?        S      0:00 sh -c cava -p /tmp/cava_config_jin9v2
20725 ?        Sl     0:00 cava -p /tmp/cava_config_jin9v2
20783 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto cava\|mpd_oled

If mpd_oled and cava are not running then the problem should be isolated to the configuration changes for the mpd_oled install. Here are some possibilities --

Extra packages installed for mpd_oled or cava:
Maybe the khadas tone board installation uses particular packages/programs/libraries that are overriden by packages installed during the mpd_oled installation. 

i2c-dev in /etc/modules and dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=400000 added to /boot/config.txt (if your oled is I2C):
As far as I can see the Khadas Tone OLED support is limited to making the relevent pins from the Pi available on a header, but maybe it is using I2C (or some other configuration software for the board has configured it) and there is some kind of conflict.

Adding the FIFO output to /etc/mpd.conf:
This doesn't seem like it could cause your issue (but maybe there are some changes in MPD 0.22 affecting the FIFO configuration)

I recommend running 'top' (the command is called top) in the ssh terminal while playing music. It will show you resource usage. You could see if anything unusual happens when the audio pauses. Are programs running at 100% cpu? Is all the memory being used up? Are any values obviously different?

Another possibility is that if you see the issue with mpd_oled not running, but rarely, the underlying issue may exist before you install mpd_oled, but didn't occur while you were testing, i.e. running mpd_oled may exacerbate the issue, perhaps because of the extra resource usage, but not because of the configuration changes or packages installed).

Adrian.

Messages In This Thread
Mpd 0.22 git stops for two seconds - by Edues - 09-17-2020, 06:57 PM
RE: Mpd 0.22 git stops for two seconds - by Edues - 09-20-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: Mpd 0.22 git stops for two seconds - by Edues - 09-21-2020, 06:54 PM
RE: Mpd 0.22 git stops for two seconds - by Edues - 09-27-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Mpd 0.22 git stops for two seconds - by Edues - 09-27-2020, 10:59 AM
RE: Mpd 0.22 git stops for two seconds - by adrii - 10-02-2020, 10:29 AM