Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
(01-04-2021, 04:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here is the ( i ) help for that setting.

Native DSD: If the audio device reports that it supports Native DSD then MPD will send the unaltered DSD bitstream to the device otherwise MPD will perform DSD to PCM on-the-fly conversion.
DSD over PCM (DoP): There is no way to detect if an audio device supports DoP so only enable this if you are certain that the device support it otherwise the encapsulated DSD bitstream may cause loud or unpredictable distortion.

Quick test using Allo Revolution DAC

MPD set to Native DSD. The DAC's OLED display shows 2.82M DSD64.

MPD set to DoP. The DAC's OLED display shows 2.82M DoP DSD64.

If your audio device supports native DSD bitstream over the particular interface you are using to connect to it and you are seeing DSD-to-PCM conversion by MPD when its set to Native DSD then MPD/ALSA was not able to detect native DSD supported by the audio device.
Hi Tim,
Just checked the settings again and when playing using the Nativa DSD this is what I get:

With the MPD set as Native DSD it recognise that the file was encoded as DSD64, 1 bit, 2,822 MHz Stereo, 
but is decoded as PCM (see thumbs attached). 
If I choose DoP, then moOde decodes the file accordingly.

I also double checked with Audiophonics and the audio device supports up to DSD 128 (it uses the SABRE ES9.38 PRO ESS chipset)

With version 6.71 everything worked fine and moOde played the DSD files perfectly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by pastaman - 01-06-2021, 09:25 AM
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by efung - 02-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - by JonPike - 02-06-2021, 10:05 PM