Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: allow local mpd modifications without overwriting them
(02-07-2021, 09:23 AM)bitlab Wrote: There is already a way to use custom mpd settings.
  • Create an /etc/mpd.custom.conf
  • Enable the dev tweaks with:
Code:
moodeutl -A add 32768
moodeutl -r

If you inspect the content of /etc/mpc.conf you will see that it now also contains your settings.
The settings are not only added, but also merged with existing settings. So you can even overwrite existing ones.

If this solves your issue please mark this post as solved.

Hi @bitlab, @Tim Curtis,
Can I use this to enable Snapcast on Moode, if I install Moode on all the raspberry pis in each of my rooms ?
What I want to do is described here : https://github.com/badaix/snapcast/blob/...r_setup.md
Code:
To connect MPD to the Snapserver, edit /etc/mpd.conf, so that mpd will feed the audio into the snapserver's named pipe.
Disable alsa audio output by commenting out this section:
#audio_output {
#       type            "alsa"
#       name            "My ALSA Device"
#       device          "hw:0,0"        # optional
#       format          "48000:16:2"    # optional
#       mixer_device    "default"       # optional
#       mixer_control   "PCM"           # optional
#       mixer_index     "0"             # optional
#}
Add a new audio output of the type "fifo", which will let mpd play audio into the named pipe
/tmp/snapfifo. Make sure that the "format" setting is the same as the format setting of the Snapserver (default is "48000:16:2", which should make resampling unnecessary in most cases).
audio_output {
   type            "fifo"
   name            "my pipe"
   path            "/tmp/snapfifo"
   format          "48000:16:2"
   mixer_type      "software"
}

Messages In This Thread
RE: allow local mpd modifications without overwriting them - by Yannovitch - 08-06-2021, 02:45 PM