Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Can you get "audiophile" sound using a native RP4 USB port into a DAC?
(03-25-2021, 02:46 AM)rebbi Wrote: @Manni I also have a MBP running Audirvana, which I was hoping to replace with the RP4 streaming setup because it's my work laptop and plugging it in and our of my stereo rig is cumbersome. But I don't understand how you are using your MBP with the AlloUSBridge? Are you taking the USB output from the laptop and using the Allo as an intermediary into your DAC?

that had been the exact same reason for me to purchase the Allo USBridgeSig. Wanted to avoid to always carry my MBP to my listening room and plug it in and out.

But as stated above, it turned out, that Audirvana sounds more clean, dynamic and 3- dimensional than  streaming from my iPhone mconnectLite to moOde UPNP.

It really sounds ok for occasional listening is better than other OS ( maxplay, Volumino etc).

For serious listening I have my MBP on my working place running Audirvana streaming as server via my WiFi network to moOde UPNP on Allo USBridgeSig as renderer. This is connected via USB cable to the DAC.

In Audirvana the Bridge is showing up as an UPNP device.
It would be better to connect the MBP via Ethernet, but that is not available at my regular working desk.

My network is configured as following:

MBP WiFi to my FRITZ!Box router (power by LPS). Per CAT7 Ethernet cable to my listening room. From the wall outlet CAT 8 to fibre-optic converter. 2m fibre optic cable to next fibre-optic converter to Ethernet. Final 1 m CAT8 Ethernet cable to Allo USBridge Sig.

The converters are powered by the Allo Shanti LPS 5VDC.
The 2 CAT8 cables are DIY with Sommer CAT 8 wire and Telegärtner plugs. ( makes an audible difference compared to good normal CAT7 or 8 cables).

The conversion to fibreoptic is breaking the noisy grounds of my home network.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can you get "audiophile" sound using a native RP4 USB port into a DAC? - by Manni - 03-25-2021, 07:29 PM