Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Can you get "audiophile" sound using a native RP4 USB port into a DAC?
I will leave the discussion about placebo effects to the ones who want to believe, but as a data engineer and programmer I can only tell one thing: if there would be any dependencies/relation between what a computer produces as as digital output and the choice of simple hardware like a cable, we could forget to use computer at all. This does not only apply to USB, but any method to generate, store or move digital data around.

According to Allo I run the worst possible combination to generate the digital output. A cheap PSU for the rpi4, worth maybe 5 Euro. Wifi dongle attached to one USB port, SSD drive to the other and the USB cable going to the DAC is a no name thing with an unknown origin. I only know one thing: it's cheap based on the build quality. I am connected to the Moode web server over the wifi dongle and upload new files over an ethernet cable, which is also plugged in and connected to a Fritzbox 7490.

Worst case scenario, still no change in the quality. No noise, no scratches, blips, whatever. So either the DAC/AMP/loudspeaker combo I use is bad and I don't hear noise generated by the many other devices, or - as I mentioned first - the digital data is not changed at all. I highly doubt this, the combo is used by my wife to analyse classic music in her job, and she needs to be able to track single instruments in an orchestra for this.

As said: IT wouldn't be possible if digital data and data manipulation couldn't be reproduced across different systems. But's it is not my money.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can you get "audiophile" sound using a native RP4 USB port into a DAC? - by Gekel - 05-06-2021, 06:16 PM