Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Can you get "audiophile" sound using a native RP4 USB port into a DAC?
(06-09-2021, 04:48 PM)Jandu Wrote: As I have said in previous discussion, if you cannot hear any difference, move on. 

You are getting a little big for your Junior Member britches, Jandu.  

(06-09-2021, 04:48 PM)Jandu Wrote: All I can say is, if there is a difference in sound, psychologically or actually, only the listener can be the judge. 

We don't need someone to "judge" because we can determine whether there is an audible difference through blind testing.  Show that you can hear the differences when you don't know which DAC is playing and that proves that there is an audible difference.  

(06-09-2021, 04:48 PM)Jandu Wrote: I am aware that there are good and bad ideas out there in this hifi world. However, I cannot judge how good/bad a piece of gear is without actually hearing it in my ears.

And there are audiophiles who are convinced that they heard sonic improvements by sticking bags of colored rocks in various places:

Customers Praising Bags Of Colored Rocks Wrote:
Quote:"Mikros can be used in many places effectively - on source components, amps, power supplies, Blu-tacked to HDTVs. Clear and detailed sounding, on video emphasizes a cool brightness and unhyped focus."
Quote:"Mini pebbles work great on speakers!"
Quote:"I cannot listen to my system any more without the pebbles."

Maybe they would tell you to "move on" if you cannot hear any difference.
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can you get "audiophile" sound using a native RP4 USB port into a DAC? - by Miss Sissy Princess - 06-10-2021, 05:18 AM