Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.2.0 support thread
(04-30-2021, 07:31 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 05:56 PM)Streamer Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 05:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 04:56 PM)Streamer Wrote: Hi Tim,

I just upgraded to 7.2.0, all went smoothly, no issues at all, many thanks!
But I need an explanation about UPNP and OpenHome implementation, because I exclusively use moode as UPNP renderer in conjunction with MinimServer+BubbleUpnp server running on a Synology-NAS.

As I correctly understand it, the upmpdcli is by now devided in two separate services, the "UPnP-A/V service only" configured by "UPnP service type=UPnP-A/V" and the "UPnP-A/V service and OpenHome service" configured by "UPnP service type=OpenHome".
So I can bypass the OpenHome implementation in upmpdcli and use the OpenHome renderer implemented by BubbleUPnP-server on the Synology-NAS if "UPnP service type=UPnP-A/V" is configured.

Is it correct so?

Thank a lot!

My understanding is that UPnP-AV and OpenHome services are mutually exclusive.

Thank you, but I don't know why the BubbleUPnP app see the Moode UPNP as renderer anyway after I have configured "UPnP service type=OpenHome"?

Short answer is yes.  Set moOde to the AV service, let your Bubble server create an OpenHome version of it and carry on as you were.

Slightly longer answer.  Does your Bubble server do anything else (like transcoding or making the service available over the internet)?  If not, you could swap to using the OpenHome service in moOde and just ditch the Bubble server.

Even longer answer.  If you only use moOde as a UPnP renderer, you have a set up a bit like those folks who have a Range Rover but only go to the shops in it.  You could mount your music from the NAS directly into moOde and take advantage of all the other goodies it provides (take your Range Rover off-road), or you could streamline things and just have a basic renderer (like upmpdcli ) on your Pi.

@the_bertrum: thank you for your answer, I don't mount NAS to Moode because I like the way browsing a large music library by Minimserver running on NAS and how fast the Minimserver updates its DB too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.2.0 support thread - by Streamer - 04-30-2021, 01:23 PM