The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

HifiBerry DAC PRO+
Hi all,
my first post in this forum.
I'm quite a newbie in the Raspberry + DAC + music-oriented OS.
I have a solid background in the IT world (more or less thirty years working in software domain), but only recently (two years ago) I approached the minicomputer world, starting with a RPi2 used as Media Player with OpenELEC/LibreELEC.

One month ago, I bought a new Raspy, a DAC board (the one in the subject) , a good pair or RCA cables, a Moode image on a microdSD and... bammm.... a new world appeared! So I create a temporary account on Tidal and start to hear very good music . The system is connected to a pure 2ch amplifier, and sounds very good. Immediately after, I had the idea to build by myself a case, adding a button to manage controlled shutdown of the system, a LCD 16x2 display and (in the future) a better PSU (hopefully a linear one). 

My problem is that, depite my long experience in SW development and managment, I always worked in Windows environment, so for me the Linux world is "quasi" unknown. From the programming perspective I shouldn't have any problem, Phyton language is very simple compared to classicl C/C++/Java programming languages.
I'm searching for a:
1) on or more suitable library to manage the Display (it will be connected to the GPIO using I2C interface to have a more simplified wiriing). I'd like to show some simple message during the startup and the shutdown of the system, and obviously basic info dutring the playing (e.g. track name, elapsed time, author, etc)
2) I already have the phyton code to manage the button. I use a Mausberry simple board to do it, and they provide the small piece of code to support it.
3) A procedure (or a set of commands) to "install the phyton scripts, in order to be run them at system startup.

thanks in advance!
Andrea

Messages In This Thread
HifiBerry DAC PRO+ - by mancio61 - 04-10-2018, 12:12 PM
RE: HifiBerry DAC PRO+ - by RafaPolit - 04-10-2018, 02:08 PM
RE: HifiBerry DAC PRO+ - by mancio61 - 04-10-2018, 03:23 PM
RE: HifiBerry DAC PRO+ - by -DrD- - 04-10-2018, 03:40 PM
RE: HifiBerry DAC PRO+ - by TheOldPresbyope - 04-10-2018, 03:49 PM
RE: HifiBerry DAC PRO+ - by rikardo1979 - 04-10-2018, 06:11 PM
RE: HifiBerry DAC PRO+ - by mancio61 - 04-11-2018, 07:36 AM
RE: HifiBerry DAC PRO+ - by -DrD- - 04-13-2018, 07:49 PM