Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Short gap between tracks in multi-movement classical pieces
Thanks Tim! First suggestion, and... BINGO.

I went back to the Standard kernel, also set the MPD Scheduler Policy to TS (standard 'round robin'), restarted MPD.
The default SoX buffer setting is 4096, which I hadn't changed.
Went back and set SoX to 32bit/384kHz with Medium quality.
Now there are no unwanted gaps between tracks.

It appears that in moOde 3.84 at least, SoX resampling running with the real-time kernel results in that glitch.

I wonder if that's been fixed in the current software versions. Easy enough to test, I think.

- Get yourself a copy of something like the Ravel Orchestral Works on London/Decca, Orchestre symphonique de Montreal, Charles Dutoit cond. The first track of Ma Mere L'Oye is short, and segues right into track 2 without pause.
- Or, The Beatles Abbey Road tracks 10-15 also play through without pauses in between (Sun King all the way through Carry That Weight).

Set the kernel to the real-time kernel.
Set SoX to 32bit/384kHz.

If the tracks play through without any gap in between, then the bug has been fixed.
If there's a gap between tracks, then the bug is still there.

I'm going to try switching to low-latency kernel and see if that causes the glitch.
--

Messages In This Thread
RE: Short gap between tracks in multi-movement classical pieces - by rongon - 08-12-2018, 09:42 PM