Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Best development environment for Moode?
(05-22-2022, 08:09 AM)bitlab Wrote: Every developer will have its own preference concerning a development environment.

The one I prefer:
  1. A network share from central file server with a linux friendly file system (like NFS).
  2. The share is mounted on the several test targets (either multiple physical, or sd switched after reboot).
  3. Use Visual Code on my host (Win, Linux or Mac) and let it use the VC remote server for development on the target (Pi).
    (for example see article like https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/coding-...udio-code/).
  4. Use the gulp deploy command to go from a source tree to test environment

In this way you will have optimal rich editor performance, while havinge the code, repo and execute commands on the pi.
A pi 4 with will be more then enough 4GB.

Yes, I think it will be something like this I will be aiming for.

Quote:Volumio Fusion generates from several template parts a new camilladsp configuration, so it will not require any deep integration into moOde.
That' why you could consider the following suggestion for implementing Volumio Fusion for moOde:
  • Make it a standalone web applications or integrate it in the already existing web gui from CamillaDSP it self.

Among others this has the following benefits:
  1. Befor testing, you can develop it initially on whatever your host is.
  2. You can use a more modern toolchain (like with CamillaDSP gui python backend and react frontend).
  3. More people will benefit from it, because you can use it on every platform where CamillaDSP runs.
  4. No deep integration required into the moode code tree, which eases maintenance.

Thanks, that is a good approach. Actually it could be something to propose to the maintainer instead of trying to do myself :-)  
(There are other things in Moode I could have fun trying out).

/Jens

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best development environment for Moode? - by jensgk - 05-22-2022, 10:35 AM