Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: How to invoke Virtual Keyboard on Official 7-inch Touch Screen???
(11-19-2022, 12:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 11:57 AM)Nutul Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 11:43 AM)Schlauer Det Wrote: @Nutul :

Thanks, you saved half of my day already.

First, I was misguided by the label " ENABLE" in the => Settings,=> System, Local Display section.
I switched it to show "Disable" now, rebooted, and the keyboard apperas when pointing to the text-field "search" for example. That part works perfectly.

Second, when going to Chrome, the virtual keyboard doesn't appear when pointiing to a text-field.

Can you please save the second half of my day?

Thank you very much so far.

Greetz,

Det  Smile

No, I cannot :-D

The reason is: when you are on Chrome on ytour PC there is no need for a virtual keyboard, you can use the physical one, right?
Moode performs a check, and if it is running on the Chrome in the PI, then enables the keyboard, otherwise it doesn't.

There is a way to enable it, though, but is for developing purposes only; main thing being: on a browser other than the local PI one, you don't need the OSK.

Cheers, Al.

P.S.
@Tim Curtis
The way we enable the OSK was somehow misleading for me as well... shouldn't it be more consistent with a ON/OFF sliding swich?

I'll update the control for upcoming 8.2.3

Tonights WIP refactoring commit contains the update :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to invoke Virtual Keyboard on Official 7-inch Touch Screen??? - by Tim Curtis - 11-20-2022, 02:27 AM