Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Unknown AlbumArtist showing in tag library for flac files with performer / composer
(01-26-2023, 08:32 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Until one tags a popular collection from MusicBrainz and has an album that a hyper-fan has tagged with all the session musicians, the tea lady, and the fella that wound the coils in the pickup of the lead guitar!  I've had albums with so many performers that a single track took up more space than the even my largest laptop had in the "show tracks" screen.
In the final analysis, moOde still seems to be in the sweet spot for how these incompatibilities are handled.  If AlbumArtist isn't set it will say so after making a reasonable stab at guessing what it might be (although, would "not set" be better than "Unknown").  If a user doesn't like the result, the answer is to set the tag explicitly.  The Artist Array takes the most commonly used tags for Classical, Jazz and Popular music for display.  If a user (me) doesn't like the result the answer is to remove the tags that are unnecessary.

Maybe they heard about your problem- Big Grin
https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/8/222730...een-laptop
----------
bob

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unknown AlbumArtist showing in tag library for flac files with performer / composer - by DRONE7 - 01-26-2023, 09:19 AM