The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Bluetooth breaks autoplay on start
Hi,

I intend to run the Moode player I'm just setting up in the car, to replace an old volumio installation. I have a pijuice HAT installed, so when the (ignition) power goes down the pi shuts down - when the power comes back, the pi restarts. I want the music to resume at that point, so I set "autoplay on start". It works, and it takes about 37 seconds from power on to music resume - not fantastic, but not bad either.

(As a side note - this feature doesn't actually begin to play where it left off, rather it plays the last song from the start. Not a bad feature in case I really love the song and would hate to miss a part of it, but still a bit unexpected. Is there an option that would change this to resume precisely on point?)

Now, the real problem comes in when I enable Bluetooth support. As I have mentioned before, my pi is a 2B and requires a dongle, my dongle shows as "ID 0a5c:21e8 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0". It works, too - I can connect from my phone and play music, no problem. However, on startup it adds more than a full minute to the process. For instance:

Code:
20190109 163513 worker: Bluetooth controller started
20190109 163708 worker: Bluetooth controller initialized

The startup process blocks everything else at this point (between the two log lines above), which happens even before my USB stick is recognized for the music. And most importantly: when Bluetooth startup is finally done, the autoplay feature doesn't work! The playlist state is shown correctly if I go to the web frontend, but I have to hit Play manually to get it to do anything. 

It seems clear that the Bluetooth feature is at fault here. I don't know why the startup process takes so long, perhaps that's a sign of something bad happening? But since the system seems to wait for the process to complete, why shouldn't autoplay work anyway? Any ideas?

Thanks
Oli

Messages In This Thread
Bluetooth breaks autoplay on start - by olisturm - 01-09-2019, 04:59 PM